Shared Tour to Embera Indigenous Community
Shared Day Tour to Embera Indigenous Community
We will be visiting a natural reserve which is highly important to our country, not only does it provide us with potable water supply for Panama City and Colon, but it guarantees the everyday normal function of the Panama Canal.
The Embera Parara Puru is one of the indigenous communities that lives on the banks of the Chagres River and Lake Alajuela. It is self-governed and has its own laws as well as a supreme chief, who enforces the rules within his own territory. Come and learn more about the customs and traditions and take this opportunity to purchase beautiful handmade crafts.
Upon arrival we will take an artisanal canoe on a short ride around Lake Alajuela where you will be able to appreciate its exuberant vegetation and go to the community.
There, you can learn about their way of life, and experience how they have adapted to changes of the modern world without losing their essence, a true experience that never disappoints!
- 8:00 a.m. Departure from our office in Gorgona Beach Plaza
- 10:00 a.m. Arrival at Chagres National Park
Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at our destination at that time.
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Visit the Embera Indigenous Community
- 03:00 p.m. Departure from the community.
Time to leave the Embera Indigenous Community.
- 05:30 p.m. Arrival at Coronado Area.
Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at Coronado area at that time.
Tour Price from Coronado
What you should bring
- Camera, hat, sunscreen,
- sports clothing, sneakers or light comfortable shoes to walk
- swimsuit, and towel.
- Cash (possibility to buy handmade crafts)
- Also bring a dry set of clothes for the trip back (there is a possibly you may get wet even if you don’t go for a swim).
What you should NOT bring
- Sandals and jewelry.
Included in the price
- Transportation there and back
- Lunch at the Village (fish and Banana plantain), fruits and drinks
- Snacks and drinks in the bus
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- ENTRY FOR THE COMMUNITY WHICH IS $30 PER PERSON – make sure you BRING CASH with you