Shared Tour to Casco Antiguo and Monkey Island
Shared Day Tour to Casco Antiguo and Monkey Island
Panama City’s historic quarter is known as the Casco Viejo (also called the Casco Antiguo, which translates as “old shell”).
It’s spread over a small point in the city’s southeast corner, where timeless streets and plazas are complemented by views of a modern skyline and the Bahía de Panamá. The Casco Viejo’s narrow brick streets, wrought-iron balconies, and intricate cornices evoke visions of Panama’s glorious history as a major trade center. It was designated a World Heritage Site in 1997.
A stroll here offers opportunities to admire a beautiful mix of Spanish colonial, neoclassical, and art nouveau architecture. It is a lively and colorful place. Visit with us inside differents buildings and know the history for the different plazas and churches or magnificent historic buildings.
After the visiting have 2 hours free to have time for lunch or shopping, after that need to take the bus at 2 pm to go to Gatun Lake then aboard a boat, we will take a pleasant ride on the waters of the lake, enjoying the scenery of Panama and watching the huge ships that cross the canal to reach Monkey Island.
In the surrounding mangrove area we will admire the natural richness of the jungle and interact with the numerous primates that have their habitat here: white-faced capuchins, howlers, tamarinds and night monkeys. Maybe you will be able to see one of them!
From the boat we can discover other species that live around Monkey Island such as sloths, toucans and even turtles and alligators.
- 07:30 a.m. Departure from our office in Gorgona Beach Plaza
- 09:30 a.m. Arrival at Casco Antiguo
Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at our destination at that time.
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Visit Casco Antiguo
- 12:00 p.m. to 02:00 p.m. Free time for lunch or shopping
- 02:15 p.m. We leave from Casco Antiguo, Major Plaza
- 03:00 p.m. Visit Monkey Island
- 07:00 p.m. Arrival at Coronado Area.
Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at Coronado area at that time.
Tour Price from Coronado
What you should bring
- Camera, hat, sunscreen,
- sports clothing, sneakers or light comfortable shoes to walk
- swimsuit, and towel
- Also bring a dry set of clothes for the trip back, there is a possibly you may get wet
What you should NOT bring
- Sandals and jewelry.
Included in the price
- Transportation there and back
- Drinks in the bus
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- ENTRY FOR ALL THE MONKEY ISLAND WHICH IS $30 PER PERSON – make sure you BRING CASH with you
- LUCH WHICH IS $30 PER PERSON – make sure you BRING CASH with you