Embera Indigenous Community
- 8:00 am - 08:30 am
- Pick Up in Coronado Area
- Pick up of the attendees, different locations in the Coronado area.
- 11:00 am
- Arrival at Chagres National Park
- Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at our destination
- 11:15 am
- Hike to Waterfall
- Approximately 20min hike by foot in the river
- 11:45 am
- Next stop, the community
- On our way to Embera Indigenous Community
- 04:00 pm
- Departure from the community
- Time to leave the Embera Indigenous Community
- 06:30 pm
- Arrival at Coronado Area
- Depending on traffic conditions, we should arrive at Coronado
Shared Day Trip from Coronado Area
We will be visiting a natural reserve which is highly important to our country, not only does it provide us with potable water supply for Panama City and Colon, but it guarantees the everyday normal function of the Panama Canal.
The Embera Parara Puru is one of the indigenous communities that lives on the banks of the Chagres River and Lake Alajuela. It is self-governed and has its own laws as well as a supreme chief, who enforces the rules within his own territory. Come and learn more about the customs and traditions and take this opportunity to purchase beautiful handmade crafts.
Upon arrival we will take an artisanal canoe on a short ride around Lake Alajuela where you will be able to appreciate its exuberant vegetation, this will be our first stop for those of you who would like to go to the waterfall and enjoy a refreshing bath you may do so.
This part of the tour is about 20 minutes by foot in the river.
You should bring closed water shoes, highly recommended especially if you have any knee problems or poor stability.
If you choose not to do this part of the tour you can stay back at the community or stay in the canoe until the group returns from the waterfall.
Next stop will be the community, so that you can learn about the way of life of ourabiogenies, we will visit their village where you will see how they have adapted to changes of the modern world without losing their essence, a true experience that never disappoints!
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Camera, hat, sunscreen,
- sports clothing, sneakersor light boots with good soles
- swimsuit, and towel.
- Also bring a dry set of clothes for the trip back (there is a possibly you may get wet even if you don't go for a swim).
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT BRING:
- Sandals and jewelry.
INCLUDED ON THIS TOUR:
- TRANSPORTATION THERE AND BACK
- LUNCH AT THE VILLA, SNACKS (CONSISTING OF FRUITS) AND DRINKS
- ENTRY FOR THE COMMUNITY WHICH IS $30 PER PERSON - make sure you bring Cash with you